Resource Development DirectorCompany: YWCA NE Kansas
The Resource Development Director will be responsible for fundraising, development of resources and external communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Development Director is responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and stewarding prospects from all sources.
- Develop a measurable annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the CEO and fund development committee
- Develop and continually update the agency case for support
- Provide comprehensive reports on development projects as requested
- Maintain donor records in Fundraising Software
- Attend meetings and report to the CEO & Resource Development Committee
- Participate and develop ad-hoc committees as needed to carry out Fundraising duties/events
- Plan, organize and implement all strategies for individual major gift donors and corporations in order to achieve initial annual fundraising goal
- Provide leadership and support in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual major donors and corporations
- Serve as key liaison with the Board and CEO to strategically engage them in all appropriate aspects of donor cultivation and solicitation
- Cultivate and maintain community relationships and community outreach that result in corporate donations
- Coordinate all initiatives related to donor solicitation and stewardship, including gift proposals, annual appeals, and other materials as needed
- Develop messaging, manage website content and social media, and all written communications
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Skills & Knowledge:
Skill in writing press releases, appeal letters and overall written communications.
- Adept at social media posting and website management
- Strong relationship building skills including writing and correspondence, meeting planning and hosting, and donor relationship building.
- Must be willing to work as needed to accomplish the position requirements.
- Must be willing to attend events in the early morning, evenings and weekends (as necessary).
- Knowledge of community resources
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to establish a positive relationship with staff, board, community volunteers, donors, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise judgment regarding matters of significance
YWCA NE Kansas is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates interested in employment in any position with YWCA NE Kansas should support YWCA mission: eliminating racism and empowering women, demonstrate multicultural competency, and the ability to work with diverse populations. People of color and those bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Send your resume and cover letter to HR@ywcaneks.org