Director of DevelopmentCompany: Kansas 4-H Foundation
Date Posted: August 31, 2017
Director of Development - Kansas 4-H Foundation
The director’s primary responsibility is the strategic management and execution of a comprehensive major gifts development program, including the coordination of supporting initiatives in the areas of donor relations and stewardship. Reporting to the CEO, s/he will lead efforts focusing on increasing major gift revenue, growing the base of donor support, collaborating with the planned giving officer on planned giving strategies, coordinating proposal development, and strengthening the major and principle gift pipeline.
S/he will lead the development team, supervise the Donor Records Manager, and collaborate effectively with the Director of Annual Giving, the CEO, the Rock Springs Executive Director and other team members on comprehensive funding initiatives. The director will provide leadership for campaign planning and execution, working effectively with the Board of Trustees to ensure funding success.
The director will serve on the Foundation leadership team with the CEO, Associate Director, and Rock Springs Executive Director.
Key initiatives include:
- Determine major gift goals and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals.
- Develop relationships with current and future donors.
- Lead internal planning initiatives for a future campaign.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Events Manager to effectively execute donor relations and fundraising events and develop fundraising collateral.
- Direct and oversee grant application and reporting initiatives with major foundation and corporate partners.
- Partner with State 4-H Program staff on program-focused funding initiatives, including preparing and leading them in effective donor communication and relationship-building.
- Alignment and belief in philanthropy and the mission of the Kansas 4-H Foundation
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment with staff, volunteers, and partners
- Desire to work outside the office and build relationships across Kansas
- History of demonstrating initiative and self-direction
- Positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five-plus years of major gift fund development experience
- Experience in fundraising campaign development and execution
- Familiarity with Kansas 4-H
Please send letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.