Fund Development SpecialistCompany: TFI Family Services
Date Posted: September 15, 2017
I. POSITION PURPOSE
Develops, plans, designs, and implements various fundraising programs in alignment with the Agency's mission statement, policies and procedures. This position performs the following duties directly or through subordinates.
II. NATURE AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the development of all fund development plans, processes and procedures.
- Assist the V.P. of Fund Development in identifying potential donor prospects.
- Identify and conceptualize materials to be used for communication to prospects and donors.
- Direct the production of annual fundraising events and appeals in conjunction with the VP of Fund Development.
- Develop calendars, plans, and marketing material for fundraising events and appeals.
- Assist in the identification and development of fund development events.
- Ensure that the TFI SalesForce Donor database is being utilized in the best manner possible.
- Assures design and maintenance of donor and prospect records, gift management systems, and informational reports.
- Research and identify grant opportunities for all companies and programs in the TFI Family with the Fund Development Grant and Relationship Coordinator.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for pending grant applications to the appropriate internal approval entity.
- Assist with the application process for grant opportunities when necessary. Complete and submit to funders mid-term and final reports, and other required paperwork.
- Work with finance staff to track fund disbursement and develop financial reports.
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including funder research files, grant application deadlines, grant reporting schedules, and other information as needed. Assist with the shape and implementation of an effective outreach and communication campaign to educate and cultivate community support.
- Assist in the establishment of recognition, acknowledgements, and incentives for donors and volunteers with the
- Fund Development Department team.
- Develop and implement cost-effective marketing and outreach strategies to communicate with a range of constituencies through printed and electronic media.
- Assists VP of Fund Development with ensuring establishment of and compliance with the organization's fund development and philanthropic principles, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative and work as a team player. The individual is expected to: Adhere to the highest ethical standards in management, governance, and fund development. Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and the not-for-profit sector. Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- This position is required to travel in order to attend meetings, training, or conduct business off. Must have a valid driver's license and meet agency underwriting standards if driving on agency business. Not required to transport clients.
- Refrains from assuming any duty that is unrelated to and/or interferes with the responsibilities of the position.
- Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions. Develops, promotes and practices teamwork in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree is preferred,
- Requires at least five years of progressively responsible program development
- experience, demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business principals, and experience in administering and providing services to individuals, families and/or children.
Ability to manage timelines and project budgets effectively. Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent computer skills. Regular use of Word, Excel, WordPress, Photoshop and design/ layout software, and Salesforce database. Experience with website and newsletter production and message development.
Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret financial statements, budgets, audit reports, etc. Demonstrates the ability to competently utilize computers and applicable software programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license therefore.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
VI. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Coordinates with internal/external entities to ensure fundraising goals, objectives and outcomes are met.
Interested individuals can apply at https://goo.gl/qzMp1u.