Call for Nominations: AFP Canada Board of Directors 2019
August 15, 2018
You have the power to influence the focus and direction of AFP in a very concrete way: by nominating leaders for the AFP Canada Board of Directors. Scott Decksheimer, CFRE (Chair), Paula Attfield, Shannon Jolley, Denis Lalonde, MS and Sarah Lyon, CFRE are pleased to serve on the 2018 Committee on Directorship (which oversees nominations) and invite you to help make a difference for AFP and the profession.
The AFP Canada Board is a working board requiring participation, committee input and a desire to elevate the profession in Canada and advance the leadership and managerial capacities of charities for the future. A priority for the new Board will be the onboarding of executive leadership and the implementation of a new strategic plan.
Nominations are open now through August 20, 2018. You can access the nominations form here.
The evaluation criteria used by the committee includes:
- Leadership ability which demonstrates the skills needed to govern a professional association
- Previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally, nationally and/or internationally
- Particular leadership needs of the association at the time candidates are being considered
- Relevant professional certification
- Geographic location
- Diversity (all inclusive)
- Type of professional practice
- Support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada
- Chapter size
- Membership current and in good standing (has signed the Code of Ethical Standards)
The board will consist of up to twenty members across Canada. Directors shall serve one-year terms with a maximum of eight consecutive years.
Questions can be directed to Lori Gusdorf, CAE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.