Make the Ask: How to Pitch Congress to Your Boss
October 10, 2018
Want to come to Congress, but need some help in getting your boss on board with the idea? We’ve got you covered.
Congress is a three-day conference unlike any other, with more than 90 sessions to choose from that explore all areas of philanthropy. Whether you’re new to the fundraising profession, are an industry veteran, or somewhere in between, Congress has something for everyone.
Congress is the largest fundraising conference in Canada that welcomes more than 1,000 delegates from across North America each year.
Congress is a triple threat of professional development: offering a chance to upgrade your skills, acquire new knowledge and network with other like-minded professionals.
What’s In It For Your Boss
- New ideas that you’ll bring back to the office to help your organization grow their programs, maximize their impact and results
- Solutions that you’ll share on some of the sector’s top challenges
- The ability to stay ahead of the curve – you’ll share new ideas on sector innovations and technologies that will help your organization thrive
Congress provides an “in” with key funding decision-makers and business leaders – you’ll be able to make impactful introductions after all your networking at Congress.
What’s In It For You
- Inspiration and practical takeaways you can implement right away that will help you be better at your job
- The opportunity to network with expert leaders, including the opportunity to meet and introduce the speakers as a session host
- Up to 10.5 education points towards your CFRE
- Three days of great food with even better company (registration includes all conference meals – continental breakfasts, two luncheons and refreshments during breaks, admission to the Philanthropy Awards, President and Out-of-Towner's receptions, and the AFP Speaker Discovery Series Congress Pre-event)
Hit It Home
- On top of 90+ sessions, Congress offers exciting plenary presentations you won’t see anywhere else.
- Congress is a great deal – for a conference of its size, Congress has one of the lowest fees on the market and offers additional savings with group and AFP member discounts.
- Congress is a one-of-a-kind experience that offers an immediate return on investment.
Your next ask could be transformational—for your program, your cause and yourself. Talk to your boss about going to Congress today!
Learn more and register here.